Just a quick note before you begin: If you are under 18, please move on to the next site. This blog and all it's contents were written by an adult, presumably for adults. Since I do not intend to censor my writing, whether it contains sex, violence, or gratuitous references to whatever other potentially offensive thing out there, I ask that you please enter with caution and your eyes wide open. Just in Case.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

NaNoWriMo



Someone dared me to write a nanowrimo book based on online generators and, for giggles, publish it to lulu for the group to order and/or read.

National Novel Writing Month - Content: "What is NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30."

I've been debating whether or not I want to try this. I think I might, if I have the first draft of my book finished by then. If things go as planned (they have so far...) then I should be well through my first revision by November and it would probably be a good idea to put it away for a month anyway before the final revision to let it cool off.

Just in case, I'm labeling the dare book with the nanowrimo tag, and you can follow the progress and even snippets of the book to see where it might lead.

No comments: