Just a quick note before you begin: If you are under 18, please move on to the next site. This blog and all it's contents were written by an adult, presumably for adults. Since I do not intend to censor my writing, whether it contains sex, violence, or gratuitous references to whatever other potentially offensive thing out there, I ask that you please enter with caution and your eyes wide open. Just in Case.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cracked Return Musings

With my word count for the day done, I began to dream of the next book in the series, then wondered if I should work on book#2 instead of Cracked Return.

Knowing the people who dared me to write Cracked Return were waiting anxiously for the finished book by Christmas, I just couldn't disappoint. So here I am, musing on this weird and fantastical book that is on the far reaches of what I have written before. And how I'm going to pull it all together.

I know, for instance, that the gods are going to be Aeon and Eris. Aeon is a little hard up, he knows. He's the father of time, but that doesn't necessarily mean a good time, and he's on the prowl for some entertainment. Eris, on the other hand, is all about a good time. As long as it's on her terms. Using a few of Hekate's magic talismans, the two of them conspire to see if our heroine has what it takes to steal - and return - them, and if the hero will stop her or save her.

Austin will need a name change. One, it just doesn't fit the dude. I mean, how many hibernating warriors do you know named Austin? Besides, if Aeon is going to be a main character, the names are too similar for my taste. So Austin is out. He'll have to choose one of the other names.

No comments: