Just a quick note before you begin: If you are under 18, please move on to the next site. This blog and all it's contents were written by an adult, presumably for adults. Since I do not intend to censor my writing, whether it contains sex, violence, or gratuitous references to whatever other potentially offensive thing out there, I ask that you please enter with caution and your eyes wide open. Just in Case.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Word Count - 829

Yes, I wasted too much time playing with the nanowrimo theme, but in all fairness I couldn't get enough quiet time to work on my book seriously. Too many people vying for too little time...

I did, however, work a little more on one of my maps, named a few cities, built an aqueduct I didn't previously know existed, and figured out how to get goods from one end of the continent to the other without air travel. I wrote a compelling fight scene, without the fight, and designed an alien dress that is truly weird.

And I updated my blog.

Keep writing. You don't always recognize inspiration. Sometimes inspiration comes slowly and feels like drudgery. That day’s work may look wonderful a couple of weeks later. And if it doesn’t, what’s the worst that can happen? You’ve just learned one way not to write the scene. You've got something to revise and improve. On the other hand, if you quit, what have you got? An empty page. ~ Timothy Hallinan

No comments: