Just a quick note before you begin: If you are under 18, please move on to the next site. This blog and all it's contents were written by an adult, presumably for adults. Since I do not intend to censor my writing, whether it contains sex, violence, or gratuitous references to whatever other potentially offensive thing out there, I ask that you please enter with caution and your eyes wide open. Just in Case.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Procrastination With a Purpose

I wasn't going for any awards when I threw together this little gem, I was mainly procrastinating. But - at least this diversion had some purpose. Yes, I know my hero's world is different from Earth. Not terribly so, but enough that I'll have to explain it at some point. Yes, I know what each moon looks like, feels like, for the most part.

What I couldn't picture was what it would look like on entering the imperial protected space.

This is how I spent my pre-approved procrastination time today, playing around with Paint Shop Pro and creating a world and her three livable moons.

It was tougher than it looks. Really. It's chunky and awkward and not nearly professional quality, but I stopped when I achieved the imagry I was looking for to provide that spark of inspiration that was evading me. The words can take care of the rest.

No comments: