Just a quick note before you begin: If you are under 18, please move on to the next site. This blog and all it's contents were written by an adult, presumably for adults. Since I do not intend to censor my writing, whether it contains sex, violence, or gratuitous references to whatever other potentially offensive thing out there, I ask that you please enter with caution and your eyes wide open. Just in Case.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just a Little Off the Top

I have finished the first edit of Chapters 1 & 2 of DS. I started by taking a critical look at the prologue, admiring my genius in backstory, then whacking it off. I continued my mad quest by hacking away at the first chapter, leaving only about 10% of it, and cleaning up the second chapter, which is where the story really started. I may have to work in a few of the details later, but 5,000 words are gone - right off the top.

If you re-read your work, you can find on re-reading a great deal of repetition can be avoided by re-reading and editing. ~ William Safire

No comments: