Just a quick note before you begin: If you are under 18, please move on to the next site. This blog and all it's contents were written by an adult, presumably for adults. Since I do not intend to censor my writing, whether it contains sex, violence, or gratuitous references to whatever other potentially offensive thing out there, I ask that you please enter with caution and your eyes wide open. Just in Case.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Stressing over structure

johnaugust.com

As you’re figuring out the story you want to tell, ask yourself a few questions:
  1. What’s the next thing this character would realistically do?
  2. What’s the most interesting thing this character could do?
  3. Where do I want the story to go next?
  4. Where do I want the story to end up eventually?
  5. Does this scene stand up on its own merit, or is it just setting stuff up for later?
  6. What are the later repercussions of this scene? How could I maximize them?

No comments: